40 Years of Outperforming Traditional Health Insurance
Savannah Business Group is a business coalition that group purchases health care services for self funded employers.
SBG negotiates rates, services, and access with medical service providers on behalf of the members of the coalition. We represent 23 companies and government agencies totaling over 16,000 employees and representing in excess of 50,000 covered lives. We help our members manage cost by leveraging this buying power to achieve our three main goals:
- Contain the cost of health care
- Improve the quality of the health care
- Improve the health of our community
SBG represents businesses located in Savannah, The Coastal Empire and The Low Country. SBG endorses and adheres to the principles of value based purchasing; performance measurement, transparency, public reporting, pay for performance, informed consumer choice and collective employer leadership.
It’s time to look at a new way of funding your health care benefits.
The Coalition foresees the day when:
- Employers understand their role in the healthcare market.
- Healthcare costs are under control.
- Patients and physicians have strong healthy bonds.
- Patients are knowledgeable about their conditions.
- Publicly accessible information on the performance of healthcare practitioners.
SBG believes quality care is defined as healthcare that is provided by competent practitioners using evidence based medical guidelines that produce optimal outcomes in a safe, patient centered environment. Savannah Business Group is a non-profit 501 (c)(6) corporation. The Coalition was established in 1982 by Savannah businesses that were concerned about the rising cost of health care and the way health care was being delivered to their employees.
Contact us for a quote: